Thursday, July 1, 2010

Wheres the American Cheese? Supermarket woes.

I was joking with a local student about how I plan to conserve my money while I'm here. I proposed that I eat nothing by Chewy Bars for the next six weeks and he said there were no granola bars in the UK.

I thought he was messing with me; it seemed unlikely that an entire nation ignore something as delicous and useful as chewy bars. But when I went to the supermarket today, I found that he wasn't completely making it up.

There really were no standard granola bars, but instead, an interesting selection of cereal bars that I considered comprable. I bought them, and they're not bad, but I was a little disturbed by the discription on the box:

"Milk Choc Chip Scrummy Cereal Bars"

Scrummy? Not the most appetizing word choice. I think we Americans could teach these guys a few things. Like about American cheese ... seriously, where is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment